Built in 1880 by William Kellow, Jr., the Kellow House is a fine example of a Second Empire style home. The Historical Society acquired the home in 1969 and restored the interior, but made no structural changes. Enjoy the subtle grace of its period furnishings, several of which are Kellow family heirlooms.
The Kellow House is also a resource center for the Howard County Historical Society and houses many pictures, county histories, and atlases. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places it is open by appointment anytime; 563.547.3434.